I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Monday, February 25, 2013

Poppin' Pun!!!

It's so fun that we get to start on our Easter cards too!  This card came about because of the challenges at FCCB "Fun with Puns" and My Craft Spot "Pop It Up".  I bought a new Studio G $1 stamp set with the "to my favorite peep!" sentiment and I was so excited to be able to use it!  I have always loved play on words and there are so many cute Cricut cuts that can be "punnied" up.  This cute little chick is from Simply Charmed, along with the cracked egg.  I did cut two cracked eggs, obviously, in order to have both shells and just glued them together.  I inked up all the edges with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink to add a little something.  And all cuts are popped up with pop dimensionals from Hobby Lobby.  Super Fun and Springy!

5 comments:

  1. Super cute Easter card! The polka dot egg and the chick are adorable! Super cute!
    Thanks for joining us in the challenge at My Craft Spot!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, darling little chick and egg and cute pun you added!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily! this is just too cute! I love the paper and the the sentiment is perfect! Thank you for joining us back over at FCCB! BTW: YOU WON the goodies from last week! It is on today's post! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bright and fun card! That sentiment is fabulous!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mollie this is such a great card! I love the little chick and the egg! So cute

    Thanks for sharing with us this at FCCB!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete