I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Monday, April 22, 2013

3D Project - FCCB Challenge #157

Another week of fun challenges, starting with FCCB!!!  This week you need to make a 3D project.  My son just started his first year of soccer and his first game was on Saturday.  Each week, the parents rotate and bring treats for the team.  I decided when it's my turn I am going to make these fun glasses from the Life's A Party cartridge, and give them to the kids (along with juice boxes and granola bars).  I basically used the same colors as in the handbook.  I played around a little bit with the sizes, I first put in an 8 1/2" x 11" in the bottom corner of my mat, moved the blade to the top corner of the paper and Set Cut Area.  I then used Fit to Page to see how big they would be.  I am pretty sure it calculated the size to 5", but I did think that was a bit big, so I just cut them out at 4" instead.  I have tried to get my son to sit for pictures while wearing them, but he doesn't like to pose, so there isn't a picture of him, but they do look pretty cute on my 4 year old.  Hope you have fun making your projects this week!  Check out the other Design Team member's creations over at FCCB!

2 comments:

  1. These are great little glasses Emily, the colors you used are perfect, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute!! I hope the kids love them!

    ReplyDelete