I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Christmas in July

There is a challenge over at Whimsical Designs to create a card or project for Christmas.  It's never too early, right? Well, maybe.  Anyway, I used this opportunity to try out my new We R Memory Keepers SewEasy.  It is going to take me a bit to master, but I think the stitching turned out okay on this card.  It also takes a while to sew, the sewing machine is much faster, but I do like the look of this stitching a little bit better.  Just need to keep practicing.  I was also able to use my new cartridge (new to me) Christmas Cheer, an oldie, but I have always wanted it and since it was retired I haven't been able to find it.  That is until I found a huge blowout of used cartridges at a local craft warehouse and nabbed it for $20.  So this sleigh is cut from that cart and I popped it up with some foam tape.  I cut the tag from Elegant Edges and inked around the edges with Color Box Blue Iris chalk ink.  The paper is from My Mind's Eye Dear Santa stack. Another funny thing about the timing of this challenge, my friend just moved to Washington and she just sent an email with her new address saying to make sure and send Christmas cards, well, she's going to get this next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment