I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Sending Happy Thoughts...

Cricut, Kate's ABC's, Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink, Fiskars stamps, Friendship Card
Here is a sweet little card I put together for someone who might need a word or two of encouragement.  I drew inspiration from a few challenges to create it.  Die Cuttin' Divas provided the sketch for their challenge this week and An Inky Situation provided the color pallette.  Although I don't have the SU color scheme of Calypso Coral, Marina Mist, or So Saffron, I did the best I could with what I do own.  The polka dot paper comes from DCWV Nana's Kids, the flowery coral paper comes from Cloud 9 Designs Fiesta Gloss, and the blue patterned paper comes from a ColorBok paper pack from Wal-Mart.  My sentiment comes from a mini Fiskars set and the pitcher of flowers is cut from Kate's ABC's.  I had some generic blue buttons that fit perfectly.  I inked around all the edges with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink.  I'll also be entering this card in Whimsical Design's Anything Goes challenge.

4 comments:

  1. OH these papers are super pretty. Love the red and oranges. Very fun. Thanks for playing with us at DCD

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty...love the colours! Thanks for playing along with us at DCD!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us this week at DCD.
    Anita
    DCD Sponsor Coordinator
    http://scrappyhappymommy.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete