I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Give Thanks

Cricut, Create-A-Critter 2, Leaves Embossing Folder, Tim Holtz,

I have made my first Thanksgiving card of the year! Woo Hoo!  Thanks to Die Cuttin' Divas and An Inky Situation, I was able to use the CUTE little Indian bear from Create-A-Critter 2 (cut at 3 1/2").  They both have challenges this week to use a Teddy Bear.  How fun!  Anyway, I followed the sketch from Mojo Monday this week and came up with a festive card.  I used patterned paper from Doodlebugs "Happy Harvest" that I got from The Royal Castle Shoppe on Facebook (Theresa the Scrapbooking Queen), and embossed my burgundy mat with The Paper Studio's "Leaves" embossing folder (Hobby Lobby).  I used a Recollection's small leaf punch (Michael's) for the inside of my card and inked everything up with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink.  My sentiment comes from a Studio 112 (JoAnn's) $1 stamp set and I used some Zig Zag scissors from The Paper Studio to cut around the edges.  I also used those scissors on the inside mat.  I used foam tape on the 3x3 leaf mat on the front as well as the bear and sentiment to add some dimension.  I'm happy with how it turned out, and I have a video for you to watch how it all came together.


4 comments:

  1. Just great for Thanksgiving and quiet cute as well. Thanks for playing with DCD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love - the card is perfect and love the pumpkins by it too! Thank you for Linking Up at An Inky Situation. Your project is featured on our Facebook Page today and linked to your blog!
    An Inky Situation Page on Facebook
    :) Janis
    Shop Stampin' Up! with me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card, I love the design!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super cute card! Love the adorable bear! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete