I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Saturday, November 16, 2013

HIMCR Challenge #124 - Die Cuts!

hidinginmycraftroom.com
HIMCR Challenge #124
Die Cuts!!
 
Prize:
Robot Party and Space Party
Cricut Cartridges
 
My Project: 
 
 
Here is another sympathy card that I needed to make for my husband's co-worker who lost his dad.  Such sad occasions, definitely not "fun" cards to make, but I do enjoy trying to create something that might bring some comfort.  I used Walk In My Garden for the flowers/vase and Elegant Edges for the mat.  My paper comes from a ColorBok (Wal-Mart) designer paper pack.  I used The Paper Studio's Curl Ribbon folder for the embossing on the vase and popped up the mat with some foam tape, as well as the flowers/vase for some extra dimension.  I hope that you will join our challenge this week at HIMCR, all you have to do is include a die cut on your project! Thanks for checkin' in!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the pop of blue with the neutrals background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always a little stumped when it comes to sympathy cards, they are definitely the most difficult to make, but you did an amazing job! This is absolutely GORGEOUS! The colors and patterns are perfect. :) I really LOVE it!
    Have a Happy Crafty Day!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete