I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

It's The New Year!!!

 Here is another New Year's card that I put together for the Exploring Cricut challenge this week.  I also followed the Mojo Monday sketch for the week.  Now maybe I'm the only one who gets this card, when I showed my husband my idea for this card, he didn't really think it would make a good New Year's card because no one would understand it.  Well, that made me want to do the card even more - maybe just to spite him :) Anyway, all growing up and even now, the tradition in my family was to ring in the New Year by banging pots and pans outside at midnight.  And I know that we weren't the only family doing it because I could hear other pots and pans being clanged in the neighborhood.  So when I started thinking about this tradition, I pulled out From My Kitchen and cut the pot and pan and a couple spoons to put on my card.  I even used some Washi Tape!  I think it turned out super fun, but am I crazy or does this card make sense to you too?  I would love to hear your family traditions to ring in the New Year.


11 comments:

  1. I love this card-it made total sense to me-maybe it's a girl thing? Love the color combo! Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card Emily and so glad you joined us in our final challenge of 2013! Your support has been wonderful and looking forward to a great 2014 full of challenges and projects. Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It totally makes sense! ... and no matter what hubby says, it's a totally cool card :) It must be a girl thing :)
    Happy New Year to you and yours.
    Hugs,
    Lena
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your card...i totally got it as soon as i saw it! we banged our pots and pans growing up too! sadly, we don't do it with our kids now :( maybe next year we'll start..they are still young enough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color combo and your design Emily! Don't worry, most husbands don't get our brilliant ideas!!! Ask me how I know, LOL!!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Explorig Cricut, looking forward to a super crafty new year!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card Emily!! First time I've heard of banging pans for New Years, but everyone rings it in differently! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Happy New Year' challenge at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got it Emily and I loved the card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect!! I totally got it immediately! : ) Sweet card!!

    Happy New Year : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  9. We banged pots and pans; brought back fun memories! Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Emily:) I wanted to stop by and say hello and welcome you to the Decorate to Celebrate team, we are very excited to have you join us! Happy New Year.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cheerful design and I totally get the idea of making a noise to celebrate the new year.
    {I would love you to take part in my 130,000 Page View Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck.} Wishing you a wonderful 2014 and may it be all you want it to be. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete