I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Decorate To Celebrate - Fall Part 1

Happy Wednesday!!!

Can you believe that it is September?!?!

I LOVE that it is!!!

I absolutely love Fall and all that it brings -
beautiful colors, cooler temps, and football!!!

we want to see how you decorate for Fall.
This is the 1st of a 2 part Fall Challenge, because if
you are like me, you will have plenty of fun new decorations
to show off for the season!

Here is my first fall project of the year...


I painted some 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" blocks with some brown acrylic paint,
then cut out some fun fall pattern paper and adhered it with Mod Podge.

I then cut out the letters and acorns from Art Philosophy and used
my Zig 2 Way glue pen to adhere them on.

I added a top coat of Mod Podge over each block
to seal everything down.

Then I tied up some raffia and wallah - a fun new decor piece.

So super simple!

I hope that you will show off your Fall decor with us over at

Thanks for checkin' in!!!

5 comments:

  1. love love your fall blocks what a beautiful decoration for fall. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just an adorable decoration that can be used all through out fall right up to Christmas! I love it! Do you dilute the Mod Podge in water before you put a coat over the blocks?
    Hugs,
    Louie's Mom (Chriss)
    http://www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com/2014/09/decorate-to-celebrate-challenge-83-fall.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the, Emily!! What a beautiful fall decoration!! The papers are so pretty!! Creative and fabulous!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Emily this is fabulous and lovely fall decoration! TFS
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily, this is a gorgeous piece of Home Decor! Perfect for the fall...great project! I do love fall to, it is one of my favorite seasons but I am not crazy for what follows it especially if it gets as cold as it did last yr!
    Have a super day and fun and the football game!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete