I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Monday, September 29, 2014

FCCB #230 - Shape It Up!!!

Hey All!!!

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!!!

Today we have another challenge starting over at FCCB...


Challenge #230 Shape Up
Make a shaped card (any shape but rectangle or square)

This Weeks Sponsor

SVG Attic

$15.00 Giftcard

So here is my card for this week's Challenge:
Shape Up: Make a shaped card


Okay, I REALLY played around with different techniques with this card :)
It turned out kind of crazy I think!

I wanted to make a Halloween card and found this
fun shaped card from the Wrap It Up cartridge.

I just used an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of orange cardstock
and set my machine to "Fit to Page".
It cut out the card at 5 3/4".
Then I decided to just cut the images out at that same size
to layer the front.
I used some fun orange/yellow star paper for the top layer
some darker orange paper for the base,
and some yellow cardstock for the
eyes, nose, and mouth.
But you can't tell that I used yellow paper because
I got my Wink of Stella Glitter Brush Marker in the mail
and decided to play around with that :)
It's a bit sloppy for my first time - oh well!!!
I also INKED up my cuts A LOT,
A LOT more than I normally do!
I added some Trendy Twine to the stem
along with a fun sentiment tag.
The stamp is from Studio G ($1 pack from JoAnn's)

This is definitely a card that I played around with
and it totally looks that way,
but it didn't turn out TOO bad :)

I hope that you will join us for this Shape Challenge
over at FCCB!!!

Thanks for checkin' in!!!




2 comments:

  1. Adorable! Love the glittery eyes! Sounds like you had a lot of fun making this card!

    ReplyDelete